Friday, January 18, 2008

Strangle her to death, or Love her to death?

Yesterday we had a rough time at nap time. I didn't know what I was going to do. Lauryn hasn't been into taking naps much anymore, which is absolute torture for me! She's not even two years old! So yesterday I decided that she was going to stay in her room whether she took a nap or not. Every time she would come out of her room I would just take her back in, I thought, she'll give up sooner or later and go to sleep. oh no, two hours later of in and out of the room, she was crying so hard she could barely breath, well of course I am a sucker and gave in. I sat on the chair with her, and she wasn't too happy with me, she kept saying "don't look at me!" and "don't tickle my back!" Well, she finally fell asleep on the chair.
The other thing that makes me absolutly furious and makes me want to strangle her is that she is CONSTANTLY taking her pants and diaper off. I am so tired of finding her naked, especially when she has poop in her diaper! She thinks she constantly needs to go in and go potty, I know most of you are probably thinking "wow, just get her potty trained" It's just not that simple, she wants to go just to go into the bathroom, not because she really NEEDS to go. There are those times she does need to and will go. She will 99% of the time sit there and MAKE herself get something out, but she doesn't understand the concept of feeling like you need to go and that's when you go in there. I don't know what to do!

Then there are those times like today when we went and got her 2 year pictures taken and she looked so dang cute I wanted to "love her to death!" And those times when she is just being so funny, you can't help but just smile. Like that second picture she was being so cute. I will definately be overjoyed when she gets past this mischeivious stage. In the meantime I guess all I can do is LOVE HER TO DEATH!!!


This is after the two hour battle with the nap, despite how frustrated I was, I couldn't help but think how cute she looked asleep.


Here she go all decked out in her super girl cape, her purse and her hat and was taking the baby for a walk! Isn't she cute.

5 comments:

Steff said...

Oh man. I feel your pain. This is such a tough age and it's hard to know how to deal with these little people. One of the classes we had for Enrichment last night had a panel of experienced parents that we could ask questions to. One of the things one of them said that I really liked was to always start your day off with a prayer. She said when she forgets or doesn't have time, she notices the day is just rougher and more frustrating than normal and her patience runs a lot thinner. That's something I could definitely work on. I hope that didn't sound preachy. It just sort of made sense to me. I seriously think we should just lock her and Charlie in a room to do what they may and you and I can have our own little party. He he.

Unknown said...

Oh the joys of motherhood! I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggles with the tough decision of "strangle" or "love" to death! It's so hard to not give in I feel for you on that one! It's even harder when the kid is cute and she is adorable! Good luck with naptimes in the future! I can't even begin to give you advice on the potty thing...I'm afraid it's something I will have to look forward to in the future..maybe you can give me advice then :)

Hill said...

I've had a strangle/love day here and there. It is usually caused by a nap issue as well. She can't take her diaper off yet, but with how much she loves to be nakie, i'm sure I'll have that problem as well. good luck with the potty thing, I'm not looking forward to that endevour.

Hacking it up said...

Ahhhh...motherhood....ALL of my kids stopped napping by the age of two....that was so hard....that's when you put on a video and say, "Quiet time!!!" As for the ripping off her diaper thing...dang...good luck with that!!! Luckily none of my kids ever did that, and Wyatt is FINALLY all potty trained....I HATE potty training!!...good luck with that one too! :) She's adorable and you are a good (and normal) mom!

Casowhat said...

Your such a great Mom Nat. And she is so larn cute! I was just over with Charity and Halli is doing the same exact thing, can't keep her dressed. I remember when my girls were each that age, I have a picture of each of them sleeping in the buff. (I know they were dressed when I put them to bed. ha, ha) Courtney and Cassie would kill me for telling this one, but, oh well, it's too good - When they were potty training they each had an experience of leaving a little present out side. Or more like I had the experience of finding a little present outside. Courtney's was right in the front road the day we moved to our new home. I was dieing about what our neighbors must of thought! funny now, not then!!! Just a side thought on the two year old thing, Someone told me once that the veil closes around the age of two???? Hummm just something to ponder???