Well, I thought I would give a little update on how things are going with the house. They have given us the closing date of Feb. 8th. It is coming up on us quickly. We try to go up often to check on how things are coming. They have painted, got the lonolium(is that how you spell that) put in, and just did the cabinets a couple days ago, and the electrical work yesterday. It has been exciting and frustrating too.
When you make such a big investment, you want it to be perfect, so when you find things wrong it gets irritating. The painters weren't too careful with detail. When they pulled tape off there were lots and lots of spots where the paint went with the tape. When the electrical guys were there yesterday, Tyler stopped by and they asked him if we had any hanging lights, he told them yes, in the entry and the dining room. They said they didn't give them any, so they will have to come back for that. In the master bathroom we had upgraded the cabinets to be taller than in the other bathroom, and they didn't do that, so they will have to come fix that. And yesterday when we were there, the guy with the fireplace was there getting it going. When we were first looking at buying it, we had asked if the fireplace had a blower on it. They said yes it does, and of course we find out that in fact it doesn't. Despite all the little mishaps, things are coming along great. It's exciting to see it all come together. I will keep you all posted on how things are going. Hopefully I can get some photos soon.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
House Update...
Posted by
Nat
at
4:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
How irritating. Luckily it sounds like everything can be fixed so hopefully it will be perfect by the time you move in. I'm very excited for you. I want you to take me on a tour when you move in and get settled.
Dang. I hate all of the little details...they always add up to the biggest things! We are going to start building a house soon, and although I'm excited, I 'm not looking forward to the little "hiccups" that go along with it!
Good luck! Can't wait to see pics.!
ahh, so frustrating! I hope it all comes together for you guys! You deserve it!
Wow! The 8th will be here before you know it! I hope they get things fixed well before that so you aren't stressing at the last minute. Can't wait to see some pics!
How exciting and painful all at the same time! I can't wait to see it though it's sounds great! You just make sure that you keep on top of the builder to keep his promises and fix any mixups because they will walk away from it if they aren't constantly supervised! There were a few minor mishaps with our house when it was getting built and we didn't sign any papers to close until everything was fixed.
We are so darn excited for you guys!!! Stay on those builders, sometimes it pays to be mean. he,he
Love you guys! Can't wait to come see.
We are so darn excited for you guys!!! Make those builders stick to what they promised. sometimes it pays to be mean! he, he. Love you guys
Post a Comment