Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Bean Museum and ICE CREAM!!!

The other day we needed to get out of the house, so we went with our friends the Widdisons to the Bean Museum. Lauryn was so funny because she did not dare walk in the door, there was a big reindeer with a santa hat on right as you walk in. She just kept saying, "it kinda scary mom" I literally had to drag her inside. Once she was in there she seemed okay, she would every once in a while say it was kinda scary. They had fun looking at all the dead animals though.

After the museum we took the kids to McDonalds to let them run around and have some ice cream. They loved that. We went in the play area and Lauryn kept looking over at the Ronald McDonald statue. When we would walk past it she would cling to me, finally she said "it kinda scary!" (that's her new thing lately, santa's kinda scary too) After she ate her ice cream I told her to go play on the toys, she just stood there looking at Ronald. I told her "you can do it, hurry and run!" So she did, and boy did she run fast, not taking her eyes off him. She had this dilemma every time she need to pass by him. It was actually really really funny!

Here are some pictures to make you want to go get an ice cream cone!!



And here she is hurrying past to the "safe zone"

2 comments:

Hacking it up said...

For what it's worth...I think the bean museum is kinda scary too...and Ronald McDonald totally gives me the willies!!! At least the ice cream was good! :)

Janae said...

We haven't been to the Bean museum in a while. I think we will have to go there soon. Thanks for the great idea.