Well, it was the event of the year last night, that's right folks a one and only Pinewood Derby!! Our ward had an activity last night where the men of the ward we required to make a pie, and the women of the ward were to make a pinewood derby car! Now I thought this was a pretty fun idea. Well, folks I would like to show you my car and Tyler's pie. Tyler made a delicious banana cream pie, recipe courtesy of his sister-in-law Charity whom we all know is the pie maker in the family. He did actually make the entire thing from scratch and by himself. Well, except for the crust, it was a frozen one! And my car was the one, the only Flower Power!!!
Would you look at the driver in that thing, she is ready for a race! It doesn't get more serious than that.
Here's a nice side view of the car...
And would you look at that beautiful pie next to that stunning car!!
Tilt your head a little for this next shot of me and my proud work.
Props go out to the wonderful photographer in this next shot, I don't think the timing could have been any better when he took this shot, if you need a closer look feel free to click on the picture, this was my big competition, the purple van! We were neck 'n neck the entire race, we kept going back and forth, I'd win a race then she'd win a race, we'd switch lanes and still we were back and forth. Finally the tie breaker came to an end and the one and only flower power prevailed! Can you believe how close this race was though! It is literally a photo finish.
Right before the final race, we had a little bit of an incident, my car was going so fast that as it got to the end it just kept on going and flew right off the track, we had a little damage, but nothing a little super glue couldn't fix!
And here are the first and second place winners, Myself and Holly.
My wonderful awards. I recieved the first place award, and also they did some judging before the races and mine won the fastest looking car! very fitting considering it did win. :)
They also did some awards for the pies. As I mentioned Tyler made a banana cream pie, well, typically you keep them in the fridge until right before you eat them, well the poor thing sat out for about an hour and a half before they did the judging. As a result it was a little runny by then and didn't look quite as appetizing as it did, which we think is why he recieved the "under achiever" award! Looks can be decieving, it tasted GREAT!
And finally, here is the video of the championship race, I hope you all enjoy watching this suspensful photo finish race in which I kicked some major "pine"! haha




14 comments:
Yee haaa!!! Way to go Tingey's!Now that was a fun adult activity!
Talk about competition! Natalie, I'm impressed w/"THE" car! AND Tyler, how come you never made pies at home?!! haha They had to be blind to think your's wasn't the best, anyway it's the taste that counts, right?! Yes, you guys are the Champions!
1
That's very impressive. Congrats on you're victory and tell tyler that I don't even like pie but his looked tasty in the picture.
Good job Nat! I have to agree, Tyler's pie looked very tasty...
Alright Nat!!! I love the car! Sounds like it was a hilarious night!
Way to go!!! Congrats on the big win!
Wow, I am very impressed with the car and the pie. Nat that car is awesome. I love the driver.
Awesome Natalie! I love your car! That sounds like a lot of fun. I will have to mention that in our ward.
(:
What an impressive couple! I am so lucky to know both of you!
Yeah, Way to go!!! Fun activity! Tyler, now you know, we all expect a pie at our next get together! And Natalie, way cool car!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN MOMMY TAGGED DERBY GIRL!! CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR DETAILS!
Rad..I'm proud of you, I couldn't make a car like that =)
I'm so impressed. Jon helped the entire ward last year with the pine wood derby. They all thought that he would know what he was doing because he works with wood. It was really funny.
Right on! Way to win!!!
Love your car!..you're going to get called to be a scout leader now ya know....
We're in the process of doing Chase's car now...I have to keep reminding Lance that it's Chase's car...not his...
THis is the cutest post Nat! I wish you guys lived just a few blocks closer so we could be in the same ward! I loved your awsome pink car and I'm sure Tyler's pie was delicious!
way to go guys!
Post a Comment