Tuesday night the doorbell rang and at the door was the 1st and 2nd counselors in the bishopric. I was a little curious what they were here for because they had already come by to visit us as a new family, and they hadn't called to see if we would be home and they could come by, so I invited them in and Tyler and I started chatting with them, of course the kids started going wild jumping on them and running around, just like last time! So they said, "Well, we have a position that needs to be filled and we talked about it as a bishopric and think you guys would be perfect for it." The wheels in your head start turning as you think please not this or please not that! He continues to say "we would like you to be the emergency preparedness coordinators for our ward." I just laughed and said, man that is the perfect calling for Tyler, he is totally into that! So needless to say, I was a little relieved, it's not at all that bad of a calling and its something that interests us! So, that's that, we'll see what it entails.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





14 comments:
Hey, that's not bad at all. I like any calling that doesn't entail teaching a lesson.
I thought you were going to say you got the dreaded nursery calling. Emergency Prepardness wouldn't be all that bad. Good luck with that.
That will be a FUN calling! I think that's what Em and Nick are doing in their ward too!
Now this Bishopric is on their toes! They knew you two were the ones! All the studying and price comparing, generators, etc etc etc.
You will do a fantastic job!! And the times are getting so scarey right now, your family and friends will be anxiously awaiting your good advice and suggestions!! YEA!!!
Hey, I am going to be up in your neck of the woods in April. Lets go to lunch or something.
that is a great calling...you get to work together! sweet! Hey, Kyle is posting our decision this weekend...he is in charge of it...so check back soon to see what we decided:)
That is a great calling - every fast sunday in our ward we have a radio check with a little old lady down the road. I swear she never misses one. Good luck and have fun with that.
Oh yeah--join the emergency club with us! Nick and I are actually teaching the 5th Sunday combined lesson next week on preparedness. Mom has TONS of ideas and with your mom's knowledge and connections, it should be pretty low-stress for you. Whew!
Hi Nat! It's so good to hear from you, Your kids are growing up way too fast, they are darling!! The next time I'll be in Utah will be in June, maybe we should call and get together instead of just chance a meeting at Macey's or wal-mart!! See ya later, Melissa
hhahaha..that calling won't be too bad! good luck with that....thanks for the birthday wish for john. tucanos was yummy and vantage point was pretty good! happy easter! sorry we couldn't make it to the annual easter egg hunt! it was a sad day!
that sounds great...I will plan on seeing You on Wednesday...what time are you doing the pictures? Isaac is done with his preschool so we don't have anything big going on.:)
i think that sounds like a really cool calling...better than ours...the nursery!!! ahhhh.
What a great calling for you guys! You will do awesome. If you find some awesome info or deals, please share!
LOVED your pinewood derby car. What a fun idea. Congrats on your win!
Sorry I missed your call a while back. I finally caught the bug that has been going around. I'm all recovered now. Give me a call and send the kiddies over! :)
You thought they were coming to ask you to be in scouts huh Nat!
You guys will do a great job at that!...be Prepared...that's scout-ish! :)
Post a Comment