Friday, October 19, 2007

Weekend Away!!

Tyler had a convention for work in California and I was lucky and was able to come with him. It's Friday and Tyler left for his meeings so I am just relaxing in the hotel and thought I would update for you all. We left Wednesday morning and got into California around noon. Now the exciting thing that we got to do this weekend was we got tickets to the Jay Leno Show. The guy that owns the company this convention is for knows Jay and he called and got us tickets. So we went there around 2:30, the taping was at 4:30, our seats were really good and it was really fun to see how they put it all together. That day the guests he had were, Barack Obama the black guy running for president, a comedian Orny Adams, and best of all Keith Urban sang. It was pretty fun, I would have liked being to the previous days taping and been able to see Reese Witherspoon instead of Barack Obama, but oh well. The best part, we didn't know, but after we were able to go down and get our picture taken with Jay, so it was a pretty fun thing to do.
Yesterday I took Tyler to his meetings and I spent most of the day shopping, they have a huge mall close by. Last night they had a catered dinner and we had filet mignon which was great. The mashed potatoes were good too, but the rest wasn't really my taste, but at least we didn't have to pay for it. Today I think I might just go see what other shopping options are out there while i wait for Tyler to get done. I will update again when we get home and let you know how the rest of our trip went.


This was outside the studio after the show.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

How FUN!! I'm so jealous!!

Lindsey said...

Ditto!

Tara said...

jay leno!!! how freakin fun! what a great little trip. enjoy the shopping!!! :)

Hill said...

That sounds super fun. I always liked going on the road with Josh because of the free food and hotel, the sucky part is being alone most of the time trying to find things to do. It sounds like you are doing a pretty good job though.

Steff said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you got to go with him. You deserve a fun break! Lucky!

Emily said...

What a great trip! I love Keith Urban!

Shannon said...

It sounds like you had a good time. I'm jealous that you got to go see Jay Leno. We tried to go when we went to California the last time but he wasn't taping that week. Darn it! I love your blog. It's really cute