I decided that it was time for Jordan to get potty trained, he hadn't really shown a whole lot of interest when we would ask him if he wanted to be a "big boy" and got potty on the toilet, so one day I just put some underwear on him and told him that he was going to wear underwear. He was okay with it, until he had his first accident. He started to cry and looked at me with those eyes to die for and said, "mommy, it was an accident". It about made me start to cry. I reassured him that it was okay and that accidents happen and he didn't need to worry.
After we got everything cleaned up and I went to put more underwear on him he said, "No, I want my diaper back on." I told him no, he had to wear underwear. Needless to say, the first couple of days had a few accidents, but for the most part he did really well. We had some charts to put stickers on and when he filled up the Train chart, he got a reward. I found the "treat" that worked for Jordan was chocolate milk. He loves it and I never buy it, so I bought him his very own gallon and every time he went potty he got to have some, he jumped all over that! We are very glad to only be changing one childs diaper now!! Yeah!!
Jordan with his potty charts all filled up.
Here is Jordan showing us his favorite Thomas the Tank Engine Underwear!
"Mom, look at me, I'm superman. I can do anything! Even go potty on the toilet!"






No comments:
Post a Comment