Friday, April 11, 2008

A few Random Pictures

So any of you that know me and my kids probably know that they will not take naps for me anymore! Yes, it is true, I absolutely hate that they refuse and have given up even trying to force it! Well, the other day my friend Shelly came over and brought her three girls over to play. The kids had so much fun playing and by the time they left Lauryn and Jordan were very tired. We put on a care bear movie and sat on the couch, before I knew it Lauryn was asleep on my lap. Then soon after Jordan's head seemed very heavy against my shoulder, and yes he too was asleep. The only downfall to this great accomplishment was that it was 4:00 in the afternoon when they fell asleep, but I actually didn't care that it was so late and just let them sleep. It was definately a blog worthy moment! So here they are nice and peaceful...

Today Lauryn and Jordan were having fun playing with their backpacks on and pretending to go places.
This next picture was so funny. Lauryn had the backpack on, her hat and these funny old sunglasses of mine with the lenses broken out and carried her baby and phone around with her. she played with this getup on for quite awhile. She actually even wore it to go to the store. But she replaced the backpack with her baby backpack that she carries her baby in. I love this little girl so much, she is so funny!!

15 comments:

Jenn said...

Your kids wouldn't last long in my house....there's no such thing as refusing naptime! The rule stands--you don't have to sleep, but you have to at least have quiet time in your room until I say you can come out (and, thankfully, that's never backfired on me with Ryan doing naughty things while he's alone in his room). I would go crazy with kids awake all day long1

Nat said...

I've tried the quiet time thing too, but they just won't stay in their rooms! I don't know what to do with them. I've sat outside Lauryn's door holding it shut for I don't know how long! They are awful about it. :(

Casowhat said...

Hey Guys, Come see us over the school Brake! Lets go play!!!!!!!!!

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

Girl your Kids are so cute I love you blog, I am way excited i just got started and I can not believe that every one has them, well this is a gret way to stay in touch. Talk to you soon. Summer

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Your kids are so cute, I know how much you treasure when they take a nap, Ava won't take one either, and yesterday she took one with me because she wasn't feeling well, it was heavenly! And where did you find your cute new background?! I must know. I'd better see you on Tues. for girls night, I'm leaving friay you know!

Hill said...

Sad, I never want Am to give up naps. I think I might be making her nap when she is ten because naptime is my favorite time. I love the glasses, they look so funny on her.

Chelsey said...

I admire you Nat! My kids HAVE to have naps, especially Jake. Tonight he was in bed by 7:00 because he couldn't stand it and I couldn't stand it! I don't know how you survive without sometime to yourself during the day! I would go insane!

Audrey Crisp said...

that is too bad they won't take naps anymore. No free time for you! Hopefully they'll get tuckered out again soon! Haha....that pic of Lauren is cute! She is so funny!

Shannon said...

I turn on a movie for Hallie and she ALWAYS falls asleep for me after about 10 minutes. I think I would go insane without naptime. On your question about the bonus, I think it will be on next check. And then you should have gotten an extra deposit in your account for the holiday pay we didn't get.

Lily said...

Nap time is always a struggle. Add me to your blog and I'll add you to mine. Good talking to you the other day :)

Hacking it up said...

My kids quit napping at an early age too...it's so hard! especially when they fall asleep at times when you DON'T want them to! They are so cute! I love the funny little things they do that make them who they are!

Hassingers said...

What cute kiddos!! I fight my kids on their naps from two on. I think I got them to nap about twice a week until they were 2 1/2 and then it was over!! Quiet time never worked for me either. :(

Emily Widdison said...

Hey, I like your new blog look! Cute pictures. WAhhhhh! I want a little girl!

DANIELLE said...

You have such cute kids!!!
LAST NIGHT WAS A BLAST!!!
WE should try and make a trip to california!!

Janae said...

Oh, she cracks me up.