Okay, so I have to vent for a few minutes. I am in so much pain right now and have been for a few days! I have had a toothache since monday. I went to the dentist a few weeks ago for a checkup, which was a great accomplishment since Tyler and I haven't been to the dentist for probably two years! I know that is so horrible. Anyway, I surprisingly only had two cavities. And then I had two bigger fillings that I have had since I was younger that he wanted to replace because decay was starting to get under them. So I got one side taken care of about a week and a half ago and was scheduled to get the other side done on Monday. Well, this past monday one of my teeth that they were going to be fixing started hurting a little, nothing too bad, it would come and go. Tuesday was about the same, and then Wednesday hit and Oh My Goodness, I have never had a toothache before, and I could not believe the pain I was in. I took Ibuprofen throughout the day, but it didn't seem to help too much. That night I decided that there was no way I could last until Monday, so this morning I called the dentist and they were able to see me. He took an xray and said that I would need a root canal and a crown, so all he could do today was give me a prescription for some penecillin and Lortab and come in monday to get it taken care of. I have continued my day today in constant pain!! My ENTIRE head has just been pounding all day and honestly, the stupid Lortab doesn't seem to be doing a dang thing! So, hopefully I can sleep tonight and the penecillin will kick in and it will feel better tomorrow.
There, I am done venting, thank you for listening and be grateful you don't have a toothache. And if there is anyone out there that does, I feel so so bad for you!!
Have a great weekend everyone.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Posted by
Nat
at
9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
Uh oh Nat, it is way cheaper to see your dentist every 6 months than to pay for a root canal and crown! I feel bad for you, tooth pain, for some reason is soooo distracting and terrible!!! I hope you feel better, make sure you schedule your next check up at your appt ;) What, you know my bro is a dentist :)
2 years without seeing the dentist!!! Didn't your mom teach you - DENTIST every 6 months. Been there and done the root canal & crown - must run in the family...good luck, and get Tyler in to see the dentist.
Oh man, I've heard that tooth pain is the worst! I'm sorry that you are hurting. I worked in a dentist office for years and I still don't go every six months either =) oops hope you feel better soon!
Bah, I'm so sorry, tooth pain is terrible. Good luck with the drugs until monday.
Crap!
I hate the dentist!! I do try to go regularly though...I'm so sorry you are in so much pain! Mouth pain is...well...a pain!! I hope it all gets fixed on Monday!!! I've had to get 3 crowns in the past year...I hate the dentist...
Natty, So sorry about your toothache, they're the worst. If Lortab isn't working try taking 600 g of Ibuprofen (your mom has some) and and an extra strength Tylenol (500 mg.) at the same time. This seems to work great for tooth pain - even better than Lortab. Also, use moist heat. Put a warm, wet washcloth on the side with the ache and then put the hot pad over that. Make sure you don't get it so hot it burns your face, but this really works. I work for a dentist and I don't get my 6 mo. checkup's either. He tries to just work us in when we have a no-show. Sometimes I think it might be better to just pay full price and actually get in every 6 months. Good luck!!
Oh, I'm so sorry. I can't relate because I've never had a toothache, or even a cavity for that matter. So I will just wish you well with your root canal. Jeff has had more than he can count. I hope you get feeling better.
Ouch!! I'm so sorry. Don't ask me the last time I went to the dentist!
Ugggghhh I HATE toothaches..I acutally smirked at your last comment about being happy that I don't have a tootache because I actually DO have a horrible tootache that's been keeping me up at night and I have an appt on Tuesday...I'm pretty sure I'll have you beat on cavities..my guess is 8 or 9 at least! I haven't been to the dentist in about 4 years...yikes. Anyhoo I hope you get feeling better and hang in there!
Sorry! That is horrible! I hate going to the dentist, not the funnest place in the world. I hope everything goes good today, then you can finally get back to your life.
I've been there and I know the pain. It's awful. Think of the pioneers. What did they do.
Post a Comment