Monday, September 10, 2007

What a Great Weekend!!

I must say it was a pretty good weekend. Friday night, we went to my cousin Audrey's reception which was very nice, then we took the kids and ate at golden corral, that's always interesting when we take the kids to dinner, well, mostly Lauryn has a hard time with it, she just doesn't want to just stay in her seat and eat her dinner, so we wrestled with her a bit, but it was good for the most part.
Then Saturday was the really fun day! I went with my friend Jen to the Womens Expo at UVSC, and it was kind of nice to just have girls time out and walk around looking at all the booths with no kids with us!! (that's always the best part!:) Then that night we went with our friends Bert and Julie to the Peter Breinholt concert up at Sundance! (Jenn, I know you might be a little jealous, so feel free to skip the pictures!) We went to his concert up there last year and had a really fun time, so we decided to make it an annual event. I just love his music. Tyler's mom was so great to come down to our house and watch our kids for us, thank you for doing that, we really appreciated it! We went to dinner at the Olive Garden and then went to the concert.
Sunday was an okay day I guess, my mom and dad went four wheeling with some friends for the weekend. My mom had called me Thursday I think and said she had told Brent that she would cook them dinner on Sunday because Holly is out of town, but then they decided to stay saturday night, so she asked if I would cook a roast sunday. Of course I said yes. Well, all I can say is that I just don't know how my mom does it the Sundays that she cooks for all of us! What stress! I put the roast in the crock pot the night before and then after church I headed down to my mom's to get everything else ready, I think the hardest part was that Brent and his kids were there and my kids and they were just everywhere!! And sad to say but the men just don't understand how hard it is to get cooking done with kids at your feet! I must say tyler was really good to help me when I asked, he helped me peel and cut the potatoes. Then Alison and her fam came down and we finally got everything ready and had a nice little dinner. And then of course to top things off, the zuccini cake that I made got taken out too early and was complete dough in the middle! I was a little upset about that one!
So for the most part we had a really good weekend! Here are a few pictures from the concert...

Bert, Julie, me, Tyler



And good old Peter!

this was after the last song and they were all leaving the stage.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like fun! Why don't I know who Peter Breinholt is? I wanna say he sings LDS music but it doesn't look like it from the pics...

Jenn said...

Awww....I'm totally jealous!! Joseph actually mentioned going, then we remembered that his family reunion was the same weekend. Maybe next year!

Nat said...

He is LDS, but his music is I guess folk type music I would say. I love his music, you need to check it out linds.

Hill said...

That looks really fun, I like peter but Josh cant stand him. He says that he doesn't like that he tries to sound Irish or something. I think he's great, I love his Christmas stuff.

Emily Widdison said...

Okay, so I'm officially jealous. Sounds like so much fun! That payson trail hike looks fun too, we'll have to try that out sometime. So, Isaac has preschool M,W,F mornings and then we have playgroup Thursday morning...so afternoons are the best for us...except for that darn nap! Actually, lunch time is perfect because Isaac gets home around 11:30 so we should plan on doing lunch at my place or your place this week or next...or we can always take them to McDonalds to play...let me know your schedule!

The Warr's said...

I actually prefer cooking while kids are hanging and whining all over me...not! I can only imagine. That's a great tradition, you'll have to keep me posted next year, I'll have to twist Neil's are to get there...who knows, maybe it can be done?

Audrey Crisp said...

Thanks so much for coming to my open house! It was GREAT to see you and your cute family! : )

Mama F said...

I rememeber concerts. I used to like going to them. Then I got old and realized I didn't like the ringing in my ears! Besides aren't moms supposed to be un-cool anyway!