Sunday, June 10, 2007

Youth Conference

I was able to go to Youth Conference this weekend, even though I am not a young women's leader. None of the leaders from our ward were able to go, so my friend holly who is in the stake young women's asked if I would want to go with our ward. I jumped at the chance. I was so excited to go.

We started out thursday with a service project that was pretty interesting. The had planned to was window at houses in our stake, so we were washing windows all day in the rain. It turned out okay though, just a little cold. Then we went over to the state hospital and did a ropes course there and had dinner. Friday morning we left to go down to Snow College. We got there, had lunch and then they had all sorts of water games, and other fun games planned for us. Luckily the weather was a lot nicer than the day before. We played all day then had dinner, a fireside, which was very good and a dance. The kids didn't finally go to bed until about 1:30. (the joys of being young again)

Saturday we had a testimony meeting first thing in the morning, and can I just say WOW! I can not believe how awesome that was. Those kids are seriously amazing! the testimonies they have are so strong. I cannot remember the last time I felt the spirit that strongly. I am so grateful I was able to go and have this experience. Especially that testimony meeting, I think it was something I have been needing. Here are just a few pictures...


Me, Holly, and Stephanie. The fun leaders from our ward.


These are the four cute girls from our ward that went.


This is most of the kids from our ward having fun at the dance!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Nat,
I'll bet the kids loved having you and your friends along as much as you enjoyed them. I always loved youth conference and remember how cool I always thought the leaders were. Weird that we're those leaders now, isn't it? What fun!

Emily Widdison said...

Hey,
Looks like fun! Did you call me today? I had a missed call...I'll call you. I loved your big sale blog...I wonder if my house will smell as sweet as yours!
em

Emily Widdison said...

I almost forgot. Oh my gosh, Isaac is missing Jordan sooo much. Seriously, he has never cried so much over a friend. EVERY single day for a week after I tell him what we are going to do for the day he adds, "and then we will go to Jordan's house" and I tell him its too far and he says, "it's okay, mommy we can take the car" then he cries for the next 10 minutes because I say no. We are going to have to get together immediately when we get back.:)

Tara said...

how cool of you to go! i know you would be a great leader and example for the youth. way to go Nat!

Jenn said...

How fun! I bet it brought back memories from your own youth conference days!

Hill said...

I didn't know you were in my stake. Where do you live? I'm on 3rd east and 3rd south ish.