Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I've been tagged by Johanna!

Well, Johanna "tagged" me, which I guess means I am supposed to come up with five things about me, that you might not already know. So thanks Jo, for getting me thinking. And hope you all enjoy getting to know me better.

(I love a beautiful sunset. Tyler took this picture, he's pretty good huh!)

Well, here are my five things:

1. I have a hard time spending money on things like clothes and shoes. Especially on myself. I don't have as much of a problem spending it on the kids, cause their clothes are so dang cute, but when it comes to me, $25 on pants is pushing it. $15-20 on a shirts is really pushing it, and shoe prices I think are outrageous. If it's not on sale, you can probably count on me not buying it!! I just bought two pair of capris, one pair of levis, and a shirt and spent $96 and about died, but I know that really isn't that bad.

2. I think that the worst time of day for me is from about 4:00-6:30 at night. Most days I just dread it! When you have been with the kids all day, you are just ready for a break, so waiting for dad to get home can be torture. The kids are anxious, I am a lot of the time ornery and snappy with them. And that is right when you have to try and get dinner ready, and that is also when it seems the kids demand the most attention from you. I just think it is the most stressful time of day.

3. I like having certain shows that I watch and look forward to new seasons coming on. A few of my favorites are: "24" "Prison Break" "CSI" "Lost" "Gilmore Girls", Tyler thinks that show is cheesy, but then you can usually find him watching it with me, you gotta love Rory and Loralei.
And I love having a husband that loves watching the same shows I do.

4. I LOVE having a very clean house, but I absolutely hate cleaning it! It never seems to be done. Especially the laundry. With five people in the house, it piles up quick. I actually don't mind doing and folding the laundry, it's the putting it away part that I really hate, as a result, it usually sits nicely folded on the couch for a week! Maybe I am just hoping a little fairy will do it for me, but that never happens, so I end up doing it.

5. I don't like being the center of attention. I get embarrased easily if the focus is all on me. I hate speaking in Sacrament meeting with all those people staring just at me. I don't like answering questions in a class. I would rather just blend in with a group than be the focal point.

So, now I guess that I get a turn "tagging" other people so, Lindsey, Tara, Jenn, Emily, get your fingers typing, it is now your turns! Love you all!

5 comments:

The Warr's said...

Nat!
Thanks for participating, it was fun hearing your deep dark secrets! I totally relate with the 4:30-6pm time...and I only have one! I also understand the "don't buy anything unless it's on sale thing", there must be a little "tight wad" in all of us, right? My mom loves Gilmore Girls so now I guess it's cool enough to watch if you and Tyler are watching it. Keep the posts coming, I love to read them.

Lindsey said...

We love 24 and Lost but we can't really catch them every week so we usually watch them on DVD. You are a great folder, I remember back in the day when I would leave my clothes in the dryer for a few days and come down to find them neatly folded... could you still do that once in a while?

Tara said...

Natalie, i love your list and i LOVE Gilmore Girls!!! i started from the beginning and just finished season 6 on DVD. i am DIEING without them and cannot wait for season 7 to come out on DVD!! i am gonna have to buy all the seasons one day...

Jenn said...

Another Gilmore Girls fan here! I watched all of season 5 and 6 on DVD while I was on bedrest and they kept me sane!

Do you like Crocs? I just found a great deal online ($15 shipped) if you want the info!

All of the kids are asleep at the same time (can you believe it??) so I guess I have time to work on my list!

Mama F said...

It's so nice to know I am not the only adult who watches Gilmore Girls! Chris hates it, he says they talk so fast they sound like chipmunks. I have to say I agree with every other thing you listed. My laundry sits folded so long that I have to resort and refold it at least once. Recently I have been looking for cute maternity skirts that don't cost a fortune, and I have decided to sew my own. I spent $50 and will make 3 skirts for me, and 3 skirts and 1 dress for Maren. I only buy clothing when I can't wear something anymore. Your Easter pics are cute