Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Crazy Exciting Night!!!

Last night Tyler was working late and I had put the kids to bed pretty early and was chilling in the family room watching T.V. and I could hear my neighbor behind us yelling out her back door at my neighbor next to us who was jumping on the tramp with his girls. So I opened my back door to see what it was all about and I hear her say Mt. Lion. I thought huh? Then this kid from our ward comes jumping over our fence and runs through our back yard and jumps into our neighbors yard. I went out front to see what the heck was going on and the Animal Control was out there and they were saying there was a mountain lion that they had been chasing. They weren't sure where it had gone, but though maybe it had run into our neighbor Jeff and Melissa's garage. So they hurried and shut the garage in case it was in there. One by one we kept getting more and more police cars in front of the house. Tyler got home shortly after and drove up to a house full of police and was wondering what was going on!! They found that it was in fact in the garage so they just had to wait for the people from the Dept. of Wildlife Resources to get there with the tranquilizers. They went in and tranquilized it and we had quite the crowd of people waiting to see it. Once they opened the garage door they let everyone take pictures and pet it before they took it away. It surprisingly didn't do any real damage to the garage, a broken weed eater and a couple claw marks in the garage door and some pee on the floor was about it. :) Channel 2 News came and our neighbor Jeff was on the news last night. Here are some pictures we got....

This was the scene at our house when Tyler got home from work. I would be a little nervous pulling up to this!!


Here is a shot of a small portion of the people waiting to see the Cougar!! Looks like we are ready for a parade or something!!


And here it is...

Check out it's long tail!!
Tyler and his new friend the Cougar!! Not everyday you get to hold a Cougar like that!

This is Jeff our friend and neighbor whose garage it was in.

And here is Nat with the Cat!


Here they are putting a tag in it's ear so they can keep track of it if it ever came down in neighborhoods again.

These are the claw marks in the garage door. Quite the souvenir.

And here is Jeff talking with Chris Jones from Channel 2 News... Never thought something like this would happen in our neighborhood! We really aren't THAT close to the mountains that your would think one would come down this far. But it made for a good story, and no one was hurt!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm glad you told the whole story, that is crazy! I don't know what the crap I would do if I was out and about in my neighborhood and ran into that thing!! Yikes! I love everyone texting in the shot with the kids...

Linda's Blog: (Alias Grandma T. said...

Thanks for posting the whole storyNat! I wanted to send it to my sister. That was ONE EXCITING EVENING!!! The boys will definately have a splendiverous story to tell for 'show and tell' at school this fall!!!

Jacque said...

WOW! That is crazy. That is pretty cool they let everyone pet it and take pics. I'm glad no one got hurt. CONGRATS on your exciting news! That is so crazy to think you will have 4 kids!! They are so cute!

Audrey Crisp said...

that is crazy! makes for some cool pics though! glad no one was hurt!

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

Crazy!!! I am glad it was caught safe and taken back home!!! Amazing PICS!!!

Emily Widdison said...

no way! That is crazy. I will have to show the kids and Kyle...they will love it! I would pee my pants if I was jumping on the tramp and someone yelled mountain lion at me.:)

Ed Parent said...

This is really your cousin Emily, I'm just on someone else's computer.

That is insane! I can't believe you got to have your pictures taken with it, pretty nifty. I'm glad that they were able to catch it and that no one got hurt.

Hacking it up said...

HOly Crap!!! Wouldn't that have been a big surprise if you walked out into your garage to find that guy in there!! Glad it didn't eat anyone!! :)