The first part of August we tood a family vacation with all of my family, minus Emily who was too close to her due date to be able to come and Rob who couldn't get out of work. It was a lot of fun, we rented a cabin in Island Park for 4 nights, and the kids liked all being able to stay together. We rode 4-wheelers, went to yellowstone, went to a lake, caught crawdads, caught pollywogs, had a couple of good rain and hail storms, went to Virginia City, the boys went golfing one morning, and we just hung out at the cabin. Here are quite a few pictures from our trip. These first few pictures shows just how much fun all the kids had on the trip...
Lauryn
Ben

Kyle

Jordan

Spencer

Leah

Connor
Scott made it his goal to try and get a picture of each one of the kids having a little meltdown, as you can see he did pretty good job, he got almost all of them.


Tyler helping Jordan with his fishing pole.


This was the hail storm we drove through. We could not believe how hard they were coming down. We had to pull over and stop a few times because we thought it was going to dent the van. Tyle got out and took a picture of how big they were.

Now this next picture looks pretty gross, but it is just a net full of pollywogs!


Lauryn looks a little suspicious in this picture, I actually think she just peed in her swim suit! Ewww.

Grandma helping Lauryn catch things in the water .

This was the little barrier Tyler built for the kids to put the crawdads in .

Kade and Jordan at one of the waterfalls in yellowstone.

Me and my little sweetie.

This was one of the geysers we stopped at called Dragon's mouth, which it really did look and sound like. We told the kids it might start breathing fire any minute! Don't think they liked that too much.

The fam next to some really stinky water.

BIG buffalo! Tyler got fairly close to get this picture! Good think it didn't charge!

What a face! I'm betting those bathrooms were pretty nice by the look on Brent's face!

Here are the family yellowstone pictures by the entrance sign.


All the kids waiting for old faithful to go off.

The famous old faithful!

We had such a fun trip and hope that we can do another trip like this next year.
20 comments:
It looks like you had a fun family vacation. I can't believe the size of the hail you guys were in. That's crazy.
Ohh, looks fun. The pictures of all the crying children is too funny...
That looks great. I can't believe with how close it is that I haven't been up there since i was 5.
I love the crying kids too, that is so funny! Looks like a fun trip! It's nice to go with the whole fam because the kids have so much fun... if you can get along with everyone in that close of quarters :) I am amazed at your determination to get so many of all 5 of you, that always wears me out.
LOVE all the kiddies in their meltdowns!! hilarious. what a fun trip natalie!! can i go next year?
Hey, all the crying kids look like all the outings we try to do with our kids. Gotta love it. :) Looks like you guys had so much fun. I love Yellowstone. We miss seeing you guys!! Let's get together SOON!
That looks like so much fun. Those are the kind of trips that you remember forever. The crying pictures are classic!! Love them!
I loved that entire post! That is so funny all of the kids crying. Such cute pictures, I'm sure it was a ball!
How fun! I really want to get out there! We went to our family reunion and my girls were crying every second it seemed like! But know i know it's just not girls... It must be the ages... By the way I called you the other day and said i had the wrong number I still have you're phone number! We need to do something. I wish I new who I called on my phone and chated with ya! Sorry about that!
It looks like you guys had fun, even with the meltdowns, those were great!!! You have such a cute family, they are getting so big.
What a fun trip! Cute pictures, I especially like the melt-down photo's, what vacation would be complete without a few of those. he,he
i love all of the melt-down pictures. i am glad that you guys had such a great time!
Thanks for sharing. Yellowstone is beautiful, and I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Jordie doesn't look too happy about being that close to the water, in your last picture!
Still afraid??
Your family is so cute. Natalie, I would love to hear from you. Here is my email address: kerapeterson@yahoo.com
What an awesome trip! I love the meltdown pictures.
How fun! The crying pictures are so funny! We do need to get together still. Things have slowed down for us, so most afternoons work for us. Call when you want to get together.
looks like so much fun! Loved all those melt down pictures. How come there isn't one of you or Tyler? I'm sure there was at least one melt down between the two of you....j/k:) Loved how much fun everything looked!
How Fun!!! I love it up there!! We go once a year and have a blast!
that is hillarious all the kids with their crying moments...we've all got them! looks like a lot of fun!
Yellowstone is awesome!! We went there this summer too!!! Too bad we didn't all go at the same time!! We'll have to coordinate better next time!! :)
All of those pictures of kids crying at the beginning made me laugh out loud! And the picture of all of the pollywogs in the net made me throw up in my mouth...
Post a Comment