We went down to Fillmore and Meadow for the Fourth of July Weekend. Fillmore has lots of things going on, so we went down Thursday and the kids were in the childrens parade with their bikes. They gave them a stamp before and then after they each got a hot dog, a bag of chips, a drink, and a root beer float. I'd say that's a little better than a popsicle that most childrens parades give! Then we just went back to Tyler's sister Kim's house and hung out there. Around midnight or one the "big boys", which are Tyler, Nate, and Paul took the four wheelers out for a little rabbit hunting and didn't seem to make it home until 6:00 in the morning. Friday we got up and headed to the parade. It was a little slow moving, but they throw lots and lots of candy and popsicles. After the parade we headed to the park and got some lunch and relaxed a little. Then we headed back to Kims and Tyler and Lauryn took a much needed nap. Tyler's lasted a little longer than Lauryn's did. We had a great dinner that night and then headed back up to Fillmore to watch the fireworks. They have some of the best fireworks down there that we have ever seen. They last a long time and are very pretty. The final one was like an umbrella coming down over us, we literally had pieces of firework falling on us, and they had a little grass fire behind us, but some quick thinkers got it taken care of before it got out of control. We were all pretty tired when we got back. Saturday we had a big breakfast and then Paul got called to go on a rescue up on the mountain where a four wheeler rolled, so Tyler went with him to do that. We were going to go repelling, but the wind picked up a little too much. That night we put a sheet up on the house and watched a movie out on the tramp with Tyler's projector. The kids loved that. We came home Sunday and relaxed the rest of the day. We had such a fun time down there with our family. Thanks Kim for letting us crash your house.
The kids all dressed in their red white and blue.
These guys do a funny little skit in the parade each year.
And probably Jordan's favorite part was getting to sleep on the tramp with his dad! Lauryn and I slept out there Saturday night but only lasted about half the night.







6 comments:
That sounds awesome. I think that spanish fork's parade has gotten to big and is kind of lame compared to some of these smaller town parades. what a fun and busy weekend.
How fun! I have memories of sleeping on the tramp too and ironically I never made it through the night either lol! I'm glad you guys had a nice fourth I love the pics of the kids in their patriotic outfits, very cute!
I was a fun weekend, wasn't it! I so enjoyed seeing all the kids get so excited trying to get all the goodies tossed! One of my favorites was Lauren getting the 'girley' necklace, perfect for the little girl who so loves the bling blings. Just wish we could have gotten that last firework on film, 'unblievable' is what it was!
Laurens fourth of July outfit is so cute. My sister married a guy from Fillmore and she despises the place! lol :)
What a fun weekend. That sounds like so much fun to do with your kids. I love summer holidays; they are so busy but so much fun.
Wow, it sounds like Fillmore has it going on! What a fun famly holiday! Glad you guys had such a great time. P.S. Have I told you that we are hanging out when I get home? No, no, I don't care if you want to or not. We are. Period.
Post a Comment