This past Memorial Weekend we decided we would try doing a 5K race as a family. So saturday morning we got up and headed to Orem. Tyler and Kade did good at running a few weeks in advance, I didn't get a whole lot of practice in. Kade and Tyler did awesome and finished in 29 minutes. Jordan was a trooper and stuck right with me the whole time. We stop just a few times for short quick walking breaks, but we finished in just under 35 minutes. It was a fun thing to do as a family.Just before the race started.
Tyler and Kade just finishing.
Jordan and me crossing the finish line.
Wow do I look out of shape!!! Look at that red face.
And all of us after the race. Our awesome neighbor Dave did it with us also.
Lauryn got her face painted while we ran.
And if that race wasn't enough, Tyler and Kade decided they would get up Monday morning too and run another 5K here in Spanish Fork!! They did even better this time. Kade had a time of 24 min. I think and Tyler was 27 min. I think.After they finished.
Kade finished third in his age group so he got a medal.
This is our friend Shawn. He went and ran it with them, and he finished first in his age group and Tyler finished second.
The three runners.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Memorial Weekend
Posted by
Nat
at
10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
That's so awesome! Good for you guys!
Nat I am so proud of all of you!! WAY TO GO! Did you love it? I can't wait to chat!! Can't wait to see you guys! Come up!!!
Way to go Tingey men! You are really getting in shape the good
way and setting some good examples for your kids! I love that you all are so athletic! Love watching you and Nat in the co-ed
sports in the summer and fall! Gee, I better get on board and start getting in shape and follow you examples!! Great pictures too!
Love
Mom
You have such a cute family!!! We need to do some running in our house!!! Maybe next time!! Great Job!!
Post a Comment