Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tribute to my Grandpa

My wonderful Grandpa was able to leave this world this past Friday after almost 95 years of life!! He accomplished so many things and impacted so many people in those many years. I am so grateful for the person that he was, and for the example he set, especially to his children, which in turn they have set for us, his grandchildren. Grandpa and Grandma always made sure family came first and that our families were close. I am so glad they did. There is nothing better than having a family that you can rely on. I know he was so incredibly grateful for his children and what they did for him in those final two weeks of his life. He was so glad to be able to be at home surrounded by those he loved most. I can only imagine the wonderful reunion going on up in heaven as he gets to be with those that had gone before him. I'm so grateful for the gospel that we have to know that this life is not the end.

I love you so much Grandpa!

Grandpa at one of my Volleyball games in High School

My Graduation

Me and Grandpa, just chillin

Grandpa with his Great Grandkids

Grandpa and Jordan. I love this picture.

Grandpa and Jordan again

Grandpa with Lauryn on her blessing day


Me, Grandpa, and Kelsey

Grandpa at his 94th Birthday Party


Jordan, Kelsey, Grandpa, and Lauryn

Kelsey and Grandpa. She is at a very sensitive age!

4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Great tribute! We will sure miss him! Cute pics! See you Tuesday for his funeral.

Lily said...

So sorry about your Grandpa. It's such a blessing that we have the gospel and we know where our loved ones go and that they are alright. Loves to you Nat. ♥

Chelsey said...

So sweet Nat! So glad to have the knowledge of eternal families. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Emily Widdison said...

He has got to be the cutest grandpa I have ever seen! OH, what a sweet post about your grandpa Natalie! I'm the same way, I love picturing the reunions going on in heaven!