Monday, July 27, 2009

Fiesta Days Fish Rodeo

We hung out at the park the saturday before the 24th for the fiesta days fish rodeo, where they get a big pool of water filled with fish and kids get to go in and catch one with their hands(or a net) Tyler had taken the boys four wheeling that morning so it was just Lauryn and her cousins that got to do it. She was so excited.

Lauryn with her ticket waiting to go in. Look at the excitement on that face!

Lauryn and Leah, these two little girls could cause some real trouble!

The four cousins that caught fish. Lauryn, Leah, Kyle and Ben.

Lauryn got her fish!


Kyle and Ben

At the end they got to draw a ticket out of a bucket and either won a little piece of candy, or some money. Lauryn was a lucky winner of $10!! She was so excited. And she loved her little fishy and was very upset when it died in the plastic bag! Darnit.

8 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

Finally more posts! I will have to read all tomorrow...it is after midnight and I'm tired...but I did skim and look at all the cute pics! Makes me miss you even more!:)

Kristin said...

It died in the bag??? And you would think that being taken out of his big pond of water wouldn't have done it... :) Good Job Jordan and Lauryn!! Lauryn is just like Michael... no fear about the water! But I do have to say I don't even like jumping off the diving boards Jordan... you are awesome!

Lindsey said...

Cute pics Nat! And thank you for the swimming teacher info, she does great and they really LEARN stuff!

Jacque said...

I didnt' know they did that. We will have to do that next year. Lauryn is so CUTE!!

Emily said...

Amazing kids. I'm pretty sure that when I was a little girl (and even as a grown-up) you couldn't pay me to even touch a fish!

Unknown said...

dang that looks like fun! I had no idea about that I bet Adam would have loved it just like your kids obviously did! :)

Laicy said...

I haven't looked at blogs forever, so congrats on the pregnancy! How are you feeling?
My boys would be so jealous that your kids got to do the fish rodeo. We left before the fish got there. Mean mom ;)
We need to get together one of these days.

Casowhat said...

Looks way fun! Way to go miss Lauryn....we're no sissy girls....lol