Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spring Break 2009... Moab!

This year we decided we would actually go somewhere for spring break so we headed down to Moab for the weekend. We had a great time. The kids loved it and Tyler was able to fulfill a lifelong dream of driving a jeep all over the rocks and everything else. We rented a jeep one day and took it climbing on an "easy" trail. Which for us beginners who have never done something like this was a little nerve racking, but fun. We saw lots of fun things at Arches National Park and went to a little place called Gemini Bridges. The kids loved staying at a Motel and getting in the hot tub. Here are a ton of pictures from the trip.....




Jordan watering a cactus!!! :)


Cute brothers






This was as close as we got to the Delicate Arch. It was quite the long hike to actually get right up to it, so we decided on the distant view...

Good zoom on the camera though for being so far away!!



The kids got excited everytime they would see an arch.



What cute kids we have!

The beauty of nature!

Daddy little girl!!

Tired little girl...

Gemini Bridges



We thought this was a pretty cool picture. When you are standing there, you have no idea the the rock underneath you is SOO thin! Kinda scary!!


The boys found this cool wall with all these holes in it and had to climb it! Boys will be boys!



What a beautiful view it was from up here

Real Petroglyphs??? Hmm...

And the fun in the jeep!! The pictures don't do it justice as to how different it is when you are actually sitting in the jeep.



6 comments:

Hill said...

Ah so fun! It is posts like this that make me excited for my kids to get older and be more travel friendly.

Emily said...

How fun! I think that I would be too chicken to drive/ride in the jeep! I'm glad you were able to get away and make some great family memories!

Audrey Crisp said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I wanna go back there sometime soon! Your kids ARE darling!

Chelsey said...

Looks like fun! I am too scared of Gemini Bridges. I didn't dare even get close to it! Wimp! Glad you guys had fun.

Unknown said...

Wow cool pics! i've always wanted to rent a jeep and do that but I'm such a chicken! your family is so cute and the kids are getting so big! Seriously we live like two blocks from each other we should get together and BBQ sometime lol!

Anonymous said...

Good times!!