Friday we had a fun filled day.... We had been to the store and I was unloading groceries while the kids were just playing outside. I was in the garage and suddenly heard Jordan start screaming! I thought, he must have fallen down and hurt himself again. Not too worried. So I walk over and he is holding his head. I asked him what happened and then I see the blood start gushing down his face!! Then I go into hypermode! We hurry inside and get a wet washcloth and try to stop the bleeding. I had to call my sister in law Holly to come over and help me and to see if she thought I should take him in. As you can see it was right up in his hairline so I was hard to tell how bad it was because his hair had blood in it. So Holly took Lauryn for me and we head to the IHC instacare in Springville. Jordan just keep saying the whole time "I don't want stitches, I don't want stitches!!" Poor thing was pretty nervous. Once they got it cleaned up you could see the cut a lot better. Not real long but pretty deep. So we sat in the waiting room watching cartoons while I held the numbing gel on it so they could work on it. We went back in and the doctor said he thought that staples might be a better way to go because it was up far enough that his hair will cover the scar and the staples would be done a lot quicker than stitches. So we went with the staples. Jordan did so much better than I thought he would! I was so proud of him. So to tell you what did happen, he was swinging between our utility box and a metal post they have next to it and slipped and his his head on the metal post.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
My poor little staple boy!!
Posted by
Nat
at
12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
poor little guy!!
Sad!
It's so sad when this stuff happens. You feel so bad for them. My little Hallee cut her forehead wide open right down the center. It was horrible sitting there holding her down while they did the stitches. You can still see the scar because she wouldn't leave it alone after the stitiches were taken out. I'm glad that he is doing good!
Wow! That looks pretty gruesome! Glad he's okay!!
What a trooper. I hope he's feeling better.
And kudos to you for making it through as well! Mom's don't get enough credit for dealing with situations like that.
Poor little kid but what a trooper.
Hope it is not the first of many. We were always at the Dr. with Cody. Boys and blood what can I say!
I love how you said, "I thought he had fallen down AGAIN." Poor Jordan. Glad he's okay.
How sad! I hope he's feeling better now.
His birthday cake was so cute! You did a good job. I'm so impressed. I keep thinking I need to call you, but things just seem to be crazy all the time. We still need to get together though.
Brave mommy! I don't what I'm going to do when something like happens to me. I just hope Jake doesn't take after his dad in that aspect. Hope he's doing better!
that is so sad! im glad he did better than you thought. how scarey!
Man....you REALLY need to update this thing!! SLACKER!!
Post a Comment